The SXSW 2012 Panel Picker is live... my submission for this year once again centers around a topic I'm passionate about, the need for better relationships between the marketing and startup communities. My panel for this year is entitled "Marketing for Early-Stage Startup Founders."
The argument I'm often faced with from startup folks is that marketing expertise isn't needed until a company reaches a later stage of growth. In the early stages of a company, the founders have to wear many hats, one of which is marketing. This panel is designed to help provide marketing tools to startup founders that can help them make some critical decisions at an early stage in the life of their company that can pay off in huge dividends down the road. The things I'll talk about will include:
- What can market research do for my startup?
- When should I invest in marketing?
- What's my brand, and how do I start building it?
- What are the ways I can use advertising to monetize my product or service?
- How do I acquire new users?